Problem in chair, not in computer.
We do a lot of support for remote sites. I had a user call in today and asked for a program to be installed on their computer… Then another… Then another… Then Another…
Usually for an install like this, We would have scripted it, Not just do a one off when I am the only person on the Helpdesk, and the phone is ringing off the hook!!!
A User called to be setup on the computer they are at and was complaining that “Program Name” wasnt working. When we asked her what the computer name she was at, she told it to us and asked if she needed to be logged in. We said yes, she then said that she needed to call us back because she had to turn the computer on.
Our company had an issue with our ISP a couple weeks ago. There was a fiber cut and we lost Internet because of it.
Now… Trying to be proactive, We sent an email to our users stating the Internet was down and it would affect all outside services. We listed some of the services that it would affect and Email was on that list. This was also at the end of the day.
All services were restored over night and the next morning, we sent another email letting our users know that everything should be up and running.
About 10 minutes later we get a call from one of our users asking why an outside email that was sent yesterday afternoon, didn’t arrive until after midnight.