Our company had an issue with our ISP a couple weeks ago. There was a fiber cut and we lost Internet because of it.
Now… Trying to be proactive, We sent an email to our users stating the Internet was down and it would affect all outside services. We listed some of the services that it would affect and Email was on that list. This was also at the end of the day.
All services were restored over night and the next morning, we sent another email letting our users know that everything should be up and running.
About 10 minutes later we get a call from one of our users asking why an outside email that was sent yesterday afternoon, didn’t arrive until after midnight.
A user just called up for support. She had received an e-mail with an attachment, and every time she double-clicked on the Excel attachment, a spreadsheet kept popping up and getting in her way. A spreadsheet. A. Freaking. EXCEL. Spreadsheet.
It was the attachment she ‘couldn’t’ open because a spreadsheet kept getting in her way.
After explaining this to her a few times, she gave up in frustration.